Wednesday, January 8, 2014

All done but the healing...

Well it's over with. I did go ahead and have the last surgery. I was very surprised to wake up and find out that I had a bandage literally sewn to me. Do what!?! Quite honestly, if I had known that before, I might not have gone through with it. In total, I have 72 stitches, 8 of which are with the bandage that comes off tomorrow.

It's funny, a week ago, I felt so positive. I think a lot of it may be the weather. For those of you around here, you know what I'm talking about. For my readers from other countries, we've just had a terrible snow storm. We have 12" or more of snow on the ground, and have had -47 weather for several days. That can be very depressing, but when you add the residual pain from chemo, and the surgery, it's a lot to deal with. I've been out of the house now twice since the surgery. Public places are very scary. I feel guarded. I wish it were appropriate to walk around in public holding a pillow to the front of me. I'm so afraid someone will accidentally bump into me. I just want to heal and get back to normal. I want to go to work, sleep on my stomach, hug my grandkids, get on with life!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that moma! By spring you'll be chasing grandkids again, & working in the yard & flower beds. The road to recovery leads to happiness! I love you, & pray for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.