It may sometimes seem that I am being very negative. That couldn't be less true. I am by nature, an optimist. I have learned, however, that it's not good, especially for me, to pretend everything is ok, when in fact it is not. Today was a good example of that. I've had a tremendous amount of pain in my joints this time around, especially my left shoulder. I've tried to ignore it. Obviously, that didn't work for me. I was sure it was a pulled muscle, although I've been very careful not do anything to cause that. Last night, my daughter brought it to my attention that it is my injection arm. Duh, now why didn't I think of that? As the pain got worse last night, I thought about the fact that tomorrow I'll see the Dr, and get another treatment, so why suffer through another day at work without being able to move it? Knowing how bad the chemical burns were last time, I should of realized that was probably a part of my pain this time, too. I needed to rest it.
So I stayed home, took the pain pill, and started taking the steroids again today. By this evening, a lot of the pain is gone. I've been thinking, I know the last time I got steroids mixed right in with my chemo. This time, I only take them the day before, the day of, and the day after. That explains the joint pain, and it's on my list of things to discuss with the Dr tomorrow. It's all about being observant of what's actually going on with your body, and discussing it with your Dr as things come up. If you're not honest with yourself, and your loved ones, you may not even realize that these things are connected.
I need to publicly thank my support team tonight. My friends, coworkers, and family, I love you! Thank you for all you do. Thank you to my kids. Like any mom, sometimes they get under my skin, but they have been a tremendous help. But tonight, I want to say THANK YOU RANDY!!! Thank your for understanding and patience, thank you for the laundry and yard services, the chauffeuring, the cooking and housekeeping, and the shoulder to cry on. Thank you for the pet services, and peace keeping. I love you.
So with a positive attitude, I'm ready for tomorrow. My best friend and sister are taking me for tomorrow's treatment. This is # 3, my halfway mark. I mentioned them early in my blog, but this one is those who weren't quite strong enough. This one's for Daddy, Becky, Laura May, Amanda and Ricky Gene. Please send me strength from above.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.