I had good intentions with my last post. The problem was, a few paragraphs into it, exhaustion set in and I realized how tired I really was.
So tomorrow is mammogram day. I thought that was earlier this month, it turns out they had not actually scheduled yet. After a series of troublesome calls to schedule it, it was settled on for tomorrow. It's almost a joke that it happens so often on Halloween. Some days I feel goulish enough.
So why troublesome calls, you might ask. Some of you who have been around for a while may remember me sharing my thought process as I decided whether or not to get the implant. I have a friend whose wife had breast cancer return, and they did not find it in time because it was hidden behind her implant. I had almost decided not to get one, until a conversation with my plastic surgeon who reassured me that was not a problem, and they could manipulate me around so they could see behind it. What I am told now, by the people who actually do the mammogram is that they will never do another mammo on the right side. Her words were, "Well, there's nothing there except the implant." As I told her, I beg to differ. I very distinctly remember the pain from the surgery where they took the muscle from my back, and brought it around to the front. I also remember Thelma, and how they couldn't see around hers. I also remember my breast cancer surgeon saying, "Unfortunately, cancer doesn't glow in the dark, so we can't always be sure we got it all." So how do they know there is nothing there if they don't look?!? Some women to go to lengths to avoid getting a mammogram, I want them to, and they won't. Go figure.
I may have mentioned, I've discovered that each chemo is making me sicker. I'm glad I only have 2 to go. This time around, it's mostly the exhaustion that gets me. It seems like no matter how hard you try, there is always something to get in the way of more sleep! lol
I watched a very moving video I want to share. I could so identify with this young woman and her scars. I remember those bandages. She is so amazing and positive. www.jillswish.com You can find it at the right side of my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.