Sunday, October 20, 2013

4 Down, 2 to go...

I know, I've been quiet lately. My first instinct has been, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". Let's face it, there's just not much good to say about chemo. Then I got to thinking about the whole reason for the blog. I can't help anyone else, if I'm silent.

With each treatment, I'm getting sicker. I know, that's to be expected. I've pretty much laid around all weekend, sleeping and taking pain meds for my bones. I apologize for my anti-social behavior. I haven't talked to friends, or even much to family. I just want to recuperate as much as possible before work tomorrow. I'm watching my days off as close as I can, and not taking days unless I absolutely have to. I don't feel like at this point, I'm ever going to be caught up, but I keep trying.

The good news is that my blood counts have been really good. I heard the nurse tell someone not to use metal silverware, just to use plastic, to help alleviate that metal taste from everything. It didn't work. Maybe it will work for someone else. I've pretty much put the scarves down. I still wear them to keep my head warm when I need to , but I'm just going with the bald head most of the time.

And then, there's Sharley. I wasn't going to keep her, just find her a home. Yet another dog I rescued from my ignorant neighbors. A week earlier, they wanted to get rid of her, and I had her a home. Then they changed their minds, and my daughter got another dog. Four hours later, they had changed their minds again. Some people should just never have pets. I have seen their dogs neglected, teased, left outside without food water or shelter, reported them, seen them be hit by cars, and die of preventable diseases. They put Sharley out on a stake and short chain that was always tangled. They left her in the rain for days with no shelter. At this time in my life, it's a struggle to housebreak her, and take her out on cold evenings to walk, but I think it's part of a bigger plan. It does, afterall, give me a reason to get up and go outside. She's a smart little border collie, and for now, I think she can stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.