Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthday baa humbug

Well, the chemo is kicking in. Great day for that! Oh well, in the big picture, it's all about having lots of more birthdays, right?

It didn't take long to figure out that it will be a little harder the second time. I'm glad I got everything done I needed to on Saturday morning, because by Saturday night, all I could do was sleep. The sore mouth hit quicker, and my hair is already starting to hurt. It's that feeling you get when you take a pony tail down, but it's always there, until the hair is gone. Tomorrow I'm getting it cut short so it wont be as noticeable as it thins. My plan, is to take the last few days before it's all gone, and turn it into a pink mohawk. Then I can say that one time in my life, I had a mohawk.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. They are appreciated, I apologize for not being so enthusiastic. All I really wanted to do when I got home from work, was lay down and sleep.

I'm back to Indy in the morning, hopefully, for the last time to be "drained".

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I cannot imagine what you are going thru, but you are indeed a strong woman. I love you more than you can imagine and am proud of you. Happy Birthday again Sister of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.