Monday, August 26, 2013

Chemo Update

Well, I noticed today my hair is coming out. Cass is coming by Thursday to give me that pink mohawk. I'm thinking that will give me just one day at work with it, and then over the weekend, it should all be gone. It took 2 years to get here. Oh well. In support, my sister colored her platinum blonde to pale pink. It's very pretty, thanks Sis!


They told me the day of chemo, if I noticed my injection site turning red and streaking up my arm, to call and they would get me a prescription for antibiotics. Well, I got that. I thought that meant it was infected, but it turns out, it's actually a chemical burn. Although I'm relieved that's it's not infected, it's pretty scary to realize that the medicine they are pumping through me is causing chemical burns from the inside out. (It kind of reminds of of a little inside joke my daughter and I have about the difference between the "red devil" and "mean green".)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.