Gloves on, Round 2!!
Damn it! I did this once, I should not have to do it again. I knew it wasn't good when they told me Dr. Schmidt wanted to talk to me. Technically, they call it a "treatment failure". I've used a lot of other words for it this week.
I have to do the chemo again, and this time, a complete mastectomy. I wish now, I had done that the first time. It was a small spot, and I don't remember them even discussing that option. Maybe they did and I just forgot. Friday, I go for the MRI and PET scan. As soon as we get those results, they will decide whether to do the chemo or surgery first. They said if they find anything at all on the left side, they will do a double mastectomy. "Total Mastectomy and Immediate Reconstruction" I won't even really know what all that means until I meet with the plastic surgeon. I'm resisting the internet pics. I really just want them to hurry and do whatever is next. I've never been a patient person.
My morning routine has changed. It begins now with thanking the Creator in advance for helping me beat it this time for good.
I've had a lot of support, for which I am very thankful. Sometimes, though, even that is hard. At work, for instance, there has been a constant flow of people stepping in the office to say hello, and give me a hug. I wouldn't want to change that, I'm thankful for every hug. It does, however, tend to keep me in a constant emotional state.
And then, there are those people with really good intentions,who just don't think before they speak. I've had 3 people this week tell me about someone they knew, who had it come back, and died. DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN, TO ANYONE FACING CANCER!!!!!!! What were you thinking????

Toni,
ReplyDeleteI think you are a very brave woman, I can't imagine going through what you are and I am not very good at this emotional stuff. So, this is my way of letting you know that I care and you may hug me whenever you want a hug! Anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask. Penny
Toni, I am in your corner again on this one, just like the last round when you kicked butt. Also, wanted you to know that I am at your service if you need an inspection done or anything else that requires a CISEC.
ReplyDeleteSteve Goodman
You are the most fierce woman I know. This is nothing. Really even the thought that Cancer will beat Toni Cecil is laughable. My money is on you!
ReplyDelete