Monday, May 27, 2013

The Calm Before the Storm

It's almost eerie. Things have been so calm the last few days. Everything is falling into place.

My last day at work before sick leave, was also my last day in that location. While, I'm gone, the whole office is moving to new location. Friday was not only a day to finish things before I leave it to someone else  to do for a while, but a chance to say bye to friends in the building we won't be working with as much. My friends at work had a carry-in for the occasion. Good friends, good food, nice way to end the week.

Friday evening and Saturday morning saw good progress on a family project. There was none of the typical family friction. (Yeah, we ALL have it. You know what I'm talking about!)

All I really wanted to do the last weekend before surgery, was go camping. I've looked forward to that all winter. I failed to realize, that it's also a holiday weekend. Every campground in Indiana was booked. I just decided to make do right here at home, and at least have a fire in the fire pit. Late afternoon I got a call from my best friend. He knew how bad I wanted to camp, and unplug from the world, one time, while I can. He pulled some strings, and found a nice private place for me to camp. I was so excited! I started throwing things in a bag, Randy started throwing the tent and camping gear in the truck, and forty five minutes later, we were setting up the tent! Cowboy coffee in the pot, nice gentle rain that stayed on the outside of the tent, beautiful evening!
Sunday was full of family and friends helping me put together my healing place. My front porch now has benches and comfy seating, and sunshade. It's a special place where I can sit and drink my morning coffee, and watch my latest flowers bloom.

Today was full of helping hands here in the house. I feel truly blessed this day.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm.... Well I thanked the blog support system but now not sure where the post went!!!!

    I will have the rest of that stuff over by the time you get home. That was crazy how soon you go home.

    There was also Sunday Beer!!! LOL

    Family Tension = Family Love
    There is strength in that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there is, a LOT of strength!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.