Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No Smoking

I have smoked since I was 14. That's 40 years. I've quit a few times, but not for long. Until now. I quit. None of those cheater e-cigarettes that Shareen uses, but cold turkey, quit!  As it turns out, the nicotine can greatly effect my healing. In fact, it can cause my tissue to die. Why would I go through all of this, and not do anything I can to prevent that?  I will be on some pretty serious pain meds over the next few days, so let me apologize ahead of time to my family for any excessively bitchy attitude I may have!

I had my final visit with the plastic surgeon today. Her part of the surgery will last 2-3 hours. That's after Dr. Schmidt finishes his part of the surgery. That will probably also be about an hour. She used her high tech sharpee to mark me all up, all the places she will be cutting. This is just creepy!

I was excited last night to discover, I have readers from all over the U.S., including Alaska. I even have a reader from Germany. We made a few changes. At the bottom, you will now find an option to subscribe by email. We also added the option to translate. I didn't even know what a widget was, now i have 2! lol


1 comment:

  1. wow I remember when my baby sister was going to do it and she could not quit but thats because my mom was dying at the time, I am so proud of you to do it cold turkey is hard, I have never smoked but my husband has tried several times to quit, You are a amazing woman,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.