Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Surgery date set


So today, I got some good news. It has not spread to any other areas. Everything else is clear. Nothing on the left side. My lungs, liver and bones are clear. No lymph nodes are affected. Thank you Jesus!

It looks like my surgery will be May 29, then chemo. Things are falling into place at work, which helps tremendously to not have that worry.

I was thinking this time about the differences from last time. Every person is different, and apparently, every occurrence is different. They told me today, that this is not even the same kind of breast cancer I had last time. Who new there were different kinds? Not me. It seems funny that this time, the word Mastectomy doesn't bother me at all. (Just get rid of it, I don't care what you call it!) The first time, I remember the paperwork calling it a "dissection". THAT upset me, a lot. I kept thinking...dissection....I did that in 5th grade science class with frogs and grasshoppers....you don't dissect people. I wonder if the medical world realizes what effect such seemingly small things have on real people.

I got home today to find a special gift in my mail box. My native sister Linda has made a beautiful set of beaded pink ribbon earrings for me.  I'm going to wear them to every chemo. Thank you! I had already started on my new pow wow regalia, with pink ribbons. These will look beautiful with them. (And yes, I plan to pow wow this fall.)



3 comments:

  1. Toni, I always look forward to seeing your smiling face at the INAFSM conference (and checking out the cute earrings and jewelry you're wearing!) I will forever keep you in my prayers. You got this beat, I'm claiming it.
    --From the chocolate chip of the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, please keep us informed about how the surgery went - lots of thoughts and prayers for you today. Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.