Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Inspirations and Aggravations


Inspirations and aggravations...they both seem to be magnified at times like this.

One of my favorite inspirations came from my brother-in-law. Thank you Charlie Ray! You were right, it has become my theme song, or maybe, my battle cry.


A Warrior's Call

My most recent aggravation would seem like a small thing, but it bothers me more every day. On my way home, or just about anywhere else, I keep passing a Memorial Day flower sale. I understand that it's Memorial week. I mean no disrespect to anyone who has a loved one who has been taken by breast cancer. This particular sale has a bright pink ribbon, right out in front. I have put all negatives thoughts out of my mind. That stupid ribbon sits there waving at me every time I pass it. I love pink ribbons, but it's a grave marker! It's negative. I don't even want to see it. I've weighed my options. I decided the first, to just drive up over the curb and run over it, was not a good idea. So, you will see me taking the long way around.

(A note to my co-contributors; you both have blogs, and know how they work, help me! What settings can you change to help me make sure everyone who wants to can see my posts, and comment, can? Thanks Lacy and Shareen)

4 comments:

  1. I will help you with it this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the Warrior song some time ago, and loved it instantly. I just never put the 2 together. It is a great theme song for your battle. The battle in which I am most certain you will win! Also winning the entire war! I love you moma, keep your head up! If there's anything that I can do, just let me know. This is harder than you may know from a sons perspective. We tend to put off this tough guy front that masks our true emotions, but with this being particularly difficult the second time around, it is impossible to cover. I think I am more emotionally expressive with the recent tragedy in Oklahoma. With that said, I would like to add that teachers are simply a gift from god. Laying their lives on the line to protect the children they teach everyday. Thank you Jesus for the angels we refer to as teachers!
    Lots of love & a few tears,
    Zachary Lee Cline

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had so much tragedy in our lives already, and this breaks my heart. as my big sister, I just take for granted that you are there when I need you, and I'm sorry for that. Please know that I am there for you, and we will beat this-together!!! I Love you sis, Lori Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both, I love you very much. No worries, no tears, I GOT this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.