Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Post surgery update!

Mama is doing very well. She is so strong, and has handled this process with such grace. It just breaks my heart to see her have to do this, but she is amazing... It has been an emotional day today but I am so proud of her! And so thankful for amazing doctors! The first part of the surgery(removal)took a little over an hour. When the surgeon came out, he told us what a great success it was, and everything went very smoothly. The second part of the surgery(reconstruction)took approximately three hours, and when that surgeon came out, she had a very similar report... everything looks good, everything went great! They said the second part would take 2-3 hours and at two hours, I started checking the "status board" every time her I.D. went across it, waiting anxiously for her to be out of surgery. Finally!!! They didn't even have to ask us to come back to the room where we would see the doctor, we just went! A note about her doctor... He's amazing! I had forgotten, that his office always sends flowers after surgery. Today, they were bright, pretty yellow ones, perfect for someone who is recovering! (And you'll have to forgive me, I'm not a plant person like mama, so I have no idea what they were... daisies maybe?) I'm so happy that everything went well and both parts of the surgery were successful! I will post another update tomorrow, and see if there is anything she wants me to say for her. <3 Lacy

2 comments:

  1. Toni - so glad to hear surgery went so well for you! You hang in there girl!! All of the MS4 folks are in your corner!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.