Monday, May 20, 2013

So much to do, in so little time!  The ONLY good thing I can say about the second time around, is that I know more what to expect, what to prepare for, and what truly doesn't matter.

There's the paperwork...FMLA, short term disability, presurgery forms, lists and checklists, and double checklists.

Work is going smoothly, but crazy busy. Try writing down everything you do so that someone else can understand it, while still doing your work. Oh yeah, do it all in one week. We've worked out who will do my inspections, what they need to inspect, who they need to report to, and who they might need to contact.

We've worked out who will do my plan reviews, what they need to look for, and who they need to contact. Poor Jason, has to field all my calls, so he needs a contact list, too. We know who will investigate which type of complaint.

A lot of what I planned for and worried about last time, I learned, really doesn't matter. As of Friday, someone else can worry about it all until I get back. I've learned how to delegate.  My only focus is winning this war.

Financially, I didn't have much time to prepare, either. I know I just need to focus on the bills, the minimum amount due, the deadlines, and get that done before I switch over to disability. It's doable, I just need to stay on top of the paperwork. I have learned how important it is to have someone you can count on to help with this. I am blessed to have a lot of help with that.

At home, honestly, nothing is ready. The plan was to clean, organize, get ahead with the flower beds, make a comfortable recuperation space. I'm still working on that. Recuperation space is important. I need a place to relax, be comfortable, move easily through my tiny house. I need things I use the most, in places that are easy to reach. I'm working on my flower gardens, too. It's not as important that it gets done, but I gives me peace to sit and watch the garden. Peace is also important. (But not important enough to ask anyone's help in the flower bed. I still haven't forgiven my sister for pulling up my pretty pink Queen of the Prairie! lol)

Less stress is important. I've talked to all the family and friends I needed to about what they can do to help with that. My filter is broken. I've been painfully honest with them. Camping is important. I spent all winter looking forward to that. Just a tent and a camp fire, and my cowboy coffee pot on the fire will make me happy. I really wanted to camp, just once before the surgery and chemo. That's exactly what I'm going to do. The housework will wait. Hurry up weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I couldnt even begin to tell you how proud I am of you!!! The strength and courage you show amazes. The simple fact that you know what to expect and find a bit of comfort in that blows me away.
    Toni your flowers are already beautiful!!! The proof of that is in myself and your brother were taking transplants to have a bit of the beauty. Nobody ever says "well thats ugly Can I have some " The true beauty is in the planter.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost all were either given to me, or I traded for them, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.