Good morning all. It's getting a little better each day. It's a beautiful morning. It's raining, but it's beautiful. Our gardens were thirsty. I can still sit on my nice quiet porch and watch the gentle rain.
I slept until 9:30 this morning. That's a first. I talked to the patient navigator at St. John's hospital this morning. That's where I prefer to do my chemo treatments. They are still in the St. Vincent network, but closer to home. I don't mind going to Indy to see my Breast Care doctor. I dearly love Dr. Schmidt. It's well worth the trip. The hematology doctor, not so much. It's very important that you like your doctors, and feel they are on your side. I found the hematology doctor to be very condescending the last time around. He really didn't have time to talk to me. I know he sees a lot of patients, but he forgets what he had discussed with you and what he hasn't. I took someone with me on every trip last time. (Remember, Carolyn taught me, the more ears the better.) When I would ask questions, he would snap at me, "We talked about that". Actually, no we didn't. I have witnesses. And even if we had, chemo causes a fog we all call "chemo brain". If I have a question, please have enough respect to take time to answer it. I got to the point that I dreaded seeing the doctor more than the treatment itself.
For that reason, I'm choosing another location and hematologist. I'm ready. Let's get this chemo started and keep moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.