Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Small Progress

I had my weekly visit with the plastic surgeon yesterday. Until my body stops producing it, I have to go weekly and have the excess fluid drained from my back. The goal is to have a smaller number each week. I went from 42 cc last week to 62 cc this week. Bummer. She says not to worry because it's due to me using my right arm and shoulder more, now that the pain is less. Well, that's easy for her to say, she's not the one getting literally stabbed in the back every week! lol  The good news is that there is no longer any dying tissue. That has been an issue, and I've been hoping to get past that point. That's somewhat of a relief. I'm still leery of trusting that. It doesn't look much different to me. She also said that when she does the second surgery, she would remove some of the scar tissue. It reminded me of something I heard while sitting in the waiting room earlier. I heard the nurse's side of a phone conversation with a patient who was worried about scarring. I was thinking, that is a very big difference between those who have plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons, and those who have it as part of a life saving procedure. The scars really aren't that important to me. As long as the cancer is gone, I can deal with the scars.

So tomorrow I go to visit Dr. Schmidt, my breast cancer doctor. This will be my first visit to him since my surgery. We'll see how that goes.

My pet peeve of the day, (yes, I always have one), is fake people. You know what I'm talking about. The ones who try to act caring, even though they really aren't. I believe the old saying, "What goes around comes around".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.