I got my pathology report back today. It's more good news. The area they removed was cancer free. That means they got all of in April when they took out the original lump. If the drainage keeps diminishing, I should be able to get the both tubes taken out on Thursday. That will be fantastic! The other healing seems like small stuff compared to these tubes. I HATE them. I want them to go away. That will be a big positive step. Then next Wednesday, they will take my stitches out. Funny, I've had a lot of different surgeries in my life. Getting the stitches out was always a big goal. This time, it seems so secondary.
The hardest part of recovery, is feeling so fragile. That's not a normal thing for me, but I've learned how important it is to just say, No, I can't do that. I know a lot of stubborn people who have battled cancer, and other diseases. I think we sometimes forget, it can be just as important to let those who love us help us. I've been on both sides of that.
Know your limits, delegate, relieve stress, and heal!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to read my blog updates.